About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Friday, June 02, 2017

What's Next?

This week marks the beginning of a new season in my life. I have finished writing the PhD dissertation. Thanks to Ron McDaniel, it will be ready to formally submit in August and to defend by November. My St. Louis house has been sold as of yesterday morning, at a significant loss, but to the person the Lord showed me was to be the next owner several years ago before he and his family became my tenants. I finished writing an orientation exhibit for the museum in Ste. Genevieve that will keep as priorities the kingdom values  that I instilled in the site while I was the director: honor, redemption & restoration, transformation and wisdom. The "finishing season" that the Lord had me in for the past 3+ years is over. To Him be the glory.

So what's next?

Since November I have been developing a program called Gathering Grandparents - see the page on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Grandparentsgathering). It is a grassroots program (inspired by Ellen Boehm) that takes about 3 hours during which grandparents are better positioned to pray effectively for their grandchildren. Between now and when I have successfully defended the PhD dissertation, I believe that I will be traveling a lot, facilitating Grandparents Gatherings around the country and perhaps in some other countries. I am actively seeking to schedule Grandparents Gatherings between now and October so if you feel to host one, please let's talk about when and where it should be.

This interval will also be given to advancing the sale of the books I have written and continue to write. Obviously, it will be good to have the books available as I speak and do the Grandparents Gatherings. It is time to grow my own audience. Pastor's Ex-Wife, Called to Write? Don't Know How?, and Strategic Prayer Guide are each available now in paperback and in digital form for the Kindle on Amazon.com. I am proud of them all. They are all quite different. I'm working on two other books - Faith Wise, Faith Ways and, a book of poems - By Still Water - now. In addition, I plan to compile a new edition of the Eye Can Too! Read series as a single volume with a paperback edition as well. I have some other projects - fiction and nonfiction started. So let's watch how this happens. Or, as Josiah Cullen (Josiah's Fire by Tahni Cullen) says, "Picture it done."



No comments:

Post a Comment