About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

New project

Before Thanksgiving I should be finished writing the first draft of a booklet to help people who feel called by God to write a specific book for a specific audience, now, but who have no experience writing. I plan for it to be between 30 and 50 pages and to be an e-book self-published on the Amazon kindle platform before Christmas. I am writing it in a colloquial format designed to be a dialog between myself, the reader and God. To achieve this I am punctuating the book with frequent pauses for prayer and reflection. If the booklet is successful, people who read it will make the kinds of decisions regarding the topic, audience, purpose, format and structure of the book that will produce encouragement, confidence and the staying power they need to get their book written. It will also provide tips about the craft of writing, revising, editing, proofreading as well as about producing and disseminating the finished book to the readers.

Are you such a person, called to write a book but don't know how? Do you know people who are called to write a specific book? I would like to build an audience for this book that can give it a boost when it launches so I am setting a goal to identify 100 people who will buy a copy within the first week that it is available. If you know people who have been called to write a book but don't know how to do it, please consider telling them about this project. Watch this blog or the Lesley Pendleton Barker Facebook PAGE for details about when the book launches on Amazon.

This booklet will be a great a resource to frame and accompany a unique workshop or retreat for new writers who have been called to write. If you would be interested in hosting or attending this kind of writing workshop or retreat, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment