About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Monday, March 28, 2016

Planning and Writing Targets

I just published (last week) the second of what I think will be a long series of short devotional e-books based on hymns and carols. This one is based on the hymn, Beautiful Savior. It took longer than I expected to write because I discovered that I needed to meditate and ponder before I could actually write. It's interesting to have set aside time intentionally to write my dissertation and to attempt to create a body of self-published work for the Kindle. I have my dissertation outlined and a goal to write a chapter every two weeks - that gets a working draft written by the end of August. The planning and citation stages of writing the dissertation chapters leaves creative room to write other things - at least that's the idea. Now to see if I hit the target more times than I miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment