About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Monday, May 14, 2018

What makes me happy by Lesley Barker c. 2015

Feathers, flowers, flavors, textures
birds, butterflies, cows and other creatures
Even bugs armored and glistening in the grass
when the sun strikes and iridescence replies
These accompanied by thrumming and the drumming
beat of beak against tree supporting song bird melodies
pierced by staccato bark moo shriek
Wind wafted fragrances cedar and sea salts
wrapping wind releasing rainbow skies
This is what makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment