About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Monday, November 30, 2015

First steps towards seriously marketing my books....

Finally! It's been more than five years since I published my novel, Pastor's Ex-Wife, on Amazon as a Kindle download. So today, I added a author page on amazon.com.

Actually there already was an author page for the St. Louis Gateway Rail - the 1970's book which was published in 2006 by Arcadia and that I wrote as a tribute to my father-in-law. He took the photographs as research for his very comprehensive collection of HO-scale models depicting the history of rail in St. Louis from 1900-1990. That collection is on display at the St. Louis Mercantile Library at the University of Missouri - St. Louis. I am proud of having had the honor to hear my father-in-law's heart as he shared his life through his images - each connecting to an in-tact memory - and then to have been the vehicle to communicate his life's work to the community through both the collection and this book. But, railroad is not my expertise and I very much doubt that, other than for a children's book in process called Stand Back!, I will ever write another book about trains.

I drastically reduced the price on Pastor's Ex-Wife to $0.99 in order to boost its potential to attract readers. I NEED readers who will purchase the book, download it to their kindle, read it and then write an honest review. The link to buy it is found at: http://www.amazon.com/Pastors-Ex-Wife-Lesley-Barker-ebook/dp/B004NNUXBQ. That book should propagate to my author's page by Saturday 12/5/15.

Besides readers and reviewers, I need people who will recommend this book to their friends and acquaintances. By browsing through this blog you will be able to learn about why the book was written and what I hope that it will accomplish - and why it is in fictional form. I think you will find it a compelling read.


No comments:

Post a Comment