About Me

My photo
I have discovered that walking a very narrow path leads to broad places of peace, contentment, and provision. I work as a freelance consultant in the areas of cultural heritage, public history and museums, From 2009-2016, I was the executive director of the Bolduc House Museum in Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, (now called New France - the OTHER Colonial America, an eighteenth century French colonial historic site and National Historic Landmark.) My PhD is from the University of Leicester's (United Kingdom) Department of Museum Studies. My research looked at the interpretation of diversity at the American Historic House Museum. I also developed and facilitate an inspirational program for Christian grandparents, Gathering Grandparents.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Small Town Gossip

The first chapter of Stuck in the Mud has been written and rewritten several times and I feel that I can move on to the next chapter especially now that I understand the role that several of the characters will have - not in terms of the plot but as vehicles to reveal mood and emotions to the readers.

I am astounded by how challenging it is to write a murder mystery especially because they are my default recreational reading. Chapter two will probe the character of Mat and introduce the town's cast of eclectic real people...I think.

Mat serves as the emotive person whose over the top reactions accentuate the stoic that is Aileen. The townspeople are the information spreaders as is true here like in every small town that has a bar and a coffee shop. By noon everyone already knows what washed up at the marina and is prepared to commiserate to hear the details from Mat and Aileen's own mouths...

No comments:

Post a Comment